- Perth Christmas Day weather forecast to be the hottest in six years
Perth is set to experience its hottest Christmas Day in six years with a sunny day and a top of 34 degrees Celsius expected.
- Red hot in the Red Centre
Alice Springs Airport may challenge its December heat record during the next couple of days as temperatures soar in central Australia.
- Tropical Cyclone Owen's rainfall legacy
Ex-Tropical Cyclone Owen is still spinning away off the central coast of Queensland, more than two weeks after it first formed in the Coral Sea and days after it broke Australia's December daily rainfall record.
- Sydney's Bondi beach engulfed in thick sea of fog
Heavy sea fog has engulfed Sydney's eastern suburbs and reduced visibility at the city's most popular beaches.
- Flash flooding washes cars off roads in Queensland's south as the north cleans up
Flash flooding has cut roads on Queensland's Darling Downs after heavy rain overnight, while in the state's north locals are counting the cost of Cyclone Owen and its record-breaking rain.
- Kids, don't let weather spoil your school holidays
The school holidays have just started, or are about to start, in each state and territory across Australia.