- Emotional reunion with wife for survivor of trawler capsize in central Queensland
The man who is thought to be the sole survivor of a trawler capsize off the central Queensland coast has had an emotional reunion with his wife in Gladstone.
- Roads remain cut, homes evacuated as floodwaters rise in southern Queensland
Torrential rain has severely damaged local roads and wiped out crops in Queensland's North Burnett region, as community leaders call for immediate action by the State Government.
- Early-season deluge continues in Queensland
Unusually heavy October rainfall continues to soak eastern Queensland as records tumble along the state's North Tropical Coast.
- Will a tropical cyclone take your name this season?
The official start of Australia's tropical cyclone season is now less than a fortnight away.
- What El Nino and La Nina actually mean for Australian and world weather
You may have heard of the butterfly effect theory, where a butterfly in the Amazon flaps its wings and there are tornados in Texas.
- Missing trawler men 'may still be alive', survivor's wife says
The wife of the only man rescued from a trawler that sank off central Queensland on Monday night says she remains hopeful six other men still missing will be found alive.