- Tigerair flight turned back to Melbourne after mid-air lightning strike
An airline passenger has described her terror and ultimate relief after the plane she was on was hit by lightning and forced to return to Melbourne Airport.
- Extreme heat replaces record rain in Japan
Japan is having a remarkably active month in terms of weather, with record-breaking rain at the beginning of the month followed by life-threatening heat during the last fortnight.
- Dust storm causing havoc for drought-stricken farmers in northern NSW
A dust storm in northern New South Wales is making already-tough farming conditions even worse for farmers.
- Wintery weather spreads across Australia's southeast
Temperatures have plunged across southeastern Australia during the last 24 hours, allowing snow to fall in central NSW and hail to blanket parts of Victoria.
- Wet weekend ahead for Perth, South West as trio of cold fronts loom
Gusty showers, storms and a huge swell will hit Perth and the south-west of the state over the weekend as three cold fronts approach Western Australia in rapid succession.
- Another frosty weekend ahead
There have been some remarkably low temperatures recorded across Australia during the last week and more frosty starts are just around the corner.