- Cyclone Marcus 'a real wake-up call' for complacent Territorians, NT Police say
The damage wrought by Tropical Cyclone Marcus is a "real wake-up call" for Darwin residents lulled into a false sense of security when it comes to cyclone safety, emergency services say.
- Cyclone Marcus: What you need to know at a glance
Tropical Cyclone Marcus passed over Darwin as a category two system just before midday on Saturday.
- Fire risks as Victorians warned of severe weather conditions
It's hot and windy across Victoria and if a fire starts up, it will be very hard to stop, warns Victoria's Emergency Management Commissioner.
- Summer weekend for Sydney
It's going to be an unseasonably hot day in Sydney on Sunday, with temperatures to climb close to the March records.
- Hot and windy weekend brings heightened bushfire risk in Victoria
Victorians are being warned to prepare for a hot and windy weekend with a severe fire danger risk for large parts of the state.
- Tropical Cyclone Marcus reaches NT coast bringing wind gusts of up to 120kph
Tropical Cyclone Marcus has hit Croker Island and the Coburg Peninsula with wind gusts of up to 120 kilometres per hour.