- Heat shortens Tour Down Under Stage 3
Extreme heat has forced organisers to shorten today's stage of the Santos Tour Down Under in South Australia.
- Man who suffered 'killer dirt' disease melioidosis spent months battling life-threatening infection
It was an unlucky scrape that Bob Creek knows could have cost him his life.
- SA heatwave forecast forces total fire bans, TDU cycling shortened
South Australia is facing two days of temperatures in the 40s, with total fire bans imposed for many parts of the state and the extreme weather forcing changes to the Tour Down Under cycling.
- Brumbies feel the heat as dry times start to bite in Hunter Valley
A lack of rain is taking its toll on a Hunter Valley brumby sanctuary, with wild horses from the Snowy Mountains struggling to acclimatise in parched conditions.
- Cyclone Joyce stirs up snake activity in WA's north as king brown strikes at dog
A cyclone which lashed northern Western Australia has stirred up snake activity in people's backyards, with a pet dog having a narrow miss with a deadly king brown on a family's veranda.
- Fire danger rising as hot air spreads south
Soaring temperatures will elevate fire danger ratings across parts of southern Australia on Thursday and Friday.