- Lowest August temperature in six decades at Cairns Airport
Cairns Airport registered its lowest August temperature since 1953 on Friday morning.
- Mount Isa Rodeo photographs show drought stricken Australian communities holding on
#headerdark A strong grip is a bull rider's best friend, but at this year's Mount Isa Rodeo, cowboys weren't the only people hanging on.
- Australia's snow depth reaches new high
The natural snow depth at Spencers Creek in NSW reached a new high point for 2019 this week.
- Frosty Far North Queensland's coldest August night in six decades
People in parts of tropical Far North Queensland woke to early-morning frost as the region experienced its coldest August night in more than 60 years.
- Water prices in southern Murray-Darling skyrocket as increased water demand 'collides' with dry conditions
The cost of irrigation water in the southern Murray-Darling Basin has skyrocketed by nearly 140 per cent in just 12 months, a new report by water consultancy Aither has found.
- Drovers and graziers compete for feed 'to keep cattle alive' as old stock routes revived
When Shaun Moffitt's alarm goes off, morning has not yet broken.