- Victoria on track for wet April after wintry blast hits state
Parts of Victoria have already received almost double the average rainfall this month, and some areas have recorded the wettest April in 16 years.
- Several weather systems set to pummel NZ
New Zealanders are bracing for a week of wild weather.
- Smoke signals the burning of heavy stubble, a hangover of last year's record NSW crop
The skies above New South Wales farms have been filled with smoke in recent weeks as growers burn a huge load of dry stubble left over from last year's record crop yields.
- Cold and frosty lead-up to the last weekend of April
Frosty morning temperatures are expected over Victoria and New South Wales on Thursday.
- Freezing nights to come for Canberra
Night-time temperatures will drop well below average in the Capital from Wednesday.
- Warm oceans fuelling late end to big wet season
Warmer-than-normal oceans have contributed to a late end to a big wet season across the southern hemisphere.