- Sydney weather: Man killed, two rescued as wild surf conditions continue to batter NSW coastline
A man has been killed while fishing off the rocks at Merry Beach and two men have been rescued from a capsized boat at Bate Bay as the NSW coast continues to be battered by dangerous surf conditions.
- New Zealand storms: Clean-up underway as Christchurch and Dunedin residents survey damage
Emergency services and council workers are assessing the damage in Christchurch and Dunedin, as the clean-up begins in Timaru and Otago after a severe storm battered New Zealand's South Island.
- Flooding rainfall event over NZ also blankets alps in snow
A complex series of troughs, fronts and an associated low pressure system led to heavy rainfall across New Zealand's South Island this weekend, also resulting in a fair bit of snow over the Southern Alps.
- NSW basks in spring warmth: Will it last?
Over the next few days parts of NSW will experience significantly warmer-than-average days with high pressure over the region bringing westerly winds from the interior.
- Melbourne water supply could be under threat within a decade, water authority says
Melbourne's water providers have begun planning for a possible water crisis, as a new report suggests the city could start running out of water within a decade.
- Dry winter exacerbated by frost over growing regions
Winter has made itself felt in recent days over the southeastern inland but not in the form of rain bearing cold fronts.