- Exceptionally hot air on the horizon for Australia
A large mass of hot air will spread over Australia during the next 10 days, causing a widespread and intense heatwave that looks set to challenge records.
- Hot weather on the horizon for Adelaide but don't call it a 'heatwave' Ã¢â¬â not yet
With several days of hot weather forecast for Adelaide next week, it might be tempting to call it a "heatwave", but what is a heatwave? Is it as simple as hot weather that hangs about for days on end? The short answer is no.
- Australia could see hottest day on record next week as Perth heatwave conditions travel east
Australia could experience its hottest day on record next week as a hot air mass building in Western Australia makes its way east.
- Severe storms ease in South-East Queensland
A number of severe storm cells that formed in South-East Queensland have eased but the Bureau of Meteorology has warned more were expected over the coming days.
- Record-breaking heatwave hits hard in the Top End
The remote Kakadu town of Jabiru broke its December heat record four days in a row, as a heatwave continues to roll across the Top End.
- Brisbane weather relief as storm brings six months' worth of rain in one night
Brisbane's overnight rainfall has equalled what it has received in the last six months, with a major thunderstorm bringing more than 100 millimetres to some parts of the city.