- Sweaty day in SA, but relief is on the way
Adelaide just registered its first 36 degree day of the season as hot northerly winds fanned the state on Monday.
- Cut-off low inbound, severe weather looms
A cold air mass surging north from the Southern Ocean this week will clash with a pool of warm, moisture-laden air sitting over Australia, causing an outbreak of severe weather across multiple states and territories.
- Heavy rain pummels NSW and QLD
Saturday night turned into a real soaker for parts of Queensland and New South Wales, as a low pressure trough moved through.
- Foggy start for the southeast
Parts of the southeast awoke to thick fog on Sunday morning with visibility dropping below 100 metres in some places.
- Severe thunderstorms bring damaging winds and large hail to south-east Queensland
A "very dangerous" thunderstorm packing giant hail and destructive winds tore through parts of south-east Queensland on Saturday evening, damaging homes and bringing down trees and powerlines.
- Perth wakes to blanket of smoke from prescribed burns in WA's south
Perth woke to a smoky morning on Saturday, with a trough along the west coast bringing low cloud and trapping smoke from fires in Western Australia's south.