- What defending my home during Tasmania's bushfires taught me about disaster reporting
When a bushfire emergency warning was issued for Glen Huon and nearby areas in late January, I was in the ABC's Hobart newsroom Ã¢â¬â but not for long.
- Heat prompts fire bans in NSW
A hot air mass will linger over Queensland and northeast NSW on Wednesday, elevating fire danger ratings in some areas.
- Flood-ravaged north-west Queenslanders urge BOM to fix radar 'black spots'
In the wake of the devastating flooding in Queensland's north-west, concerns have surfaced about radar 'black spots' between Mount Isa and Townsville Ã¢â¬â cities some 950 kilometres apart.
- All eyes on Tropical Cyclone Oma
Tropical Cyclone Oma is quickly becoming one of the most talked about cyclones of the season.
- Cyclone Oma threatens Queensland's southern coastline after the same system inundated the state's north
The system which brought such devastating, a fortnight ago is refusing to go away.
- UNICEF combines drought stories of country kids to warn of worsening rural stress
Children in drought-ravaged parts of Australia have described missing the colour green and having to kill malnourished animals before school, as part of a new project that also warns some country kids are near breaking point.