- Strong winds batter southern Tasmania cutting power, damaging property
Strong winds have brought down power lines and caused property damage around southern Tasmania, with gusts in Hobart topping 120 kilometres per hour.
- Windy night in Hobart
Damaging winds lashed parts of Tasmania last night, with gusts pushing above 100km/h in the state's capital city.
- Heatwave in Pakistan's Karachi during Ramadan kills dozens
Dozens of people have died in Pakistan, where a severe heatwave has coincided with the start of Ramadan.
- Winter is coming: Perth's long summer to hit a wet and windy end
A glorious, warm late-autumn weekend may have lulled many Perth residents into thinking the summer may never end, but it's time to reach for a brolly because the sunny, dry weather is about to come to a sudden halt.
- High pressure systems: everything you need to know
There's been lots of talk about high pressure systems in Australia during the last week and this discussion looks set to continue well into the end of May, possibly longer.
- End in sight for Perth warm spell
Perth's run of unseasonably warm and dry weather will come to an end on Friday when a powerful cold front crosses the southwest corner of Western Australia.