- Cyclone Debbie forces coastal evacuations in north Queensland communities ahead of tidal surge
Evacuations have been ordered in coastal towns and communities of the Whitsundays and Burdekin council areas in north Queensland as Tropical Cyclone Debbie bears down, with authorities warning of damaging tidal surges.
- Cyclone Debbie strengthens as Queensland braces
Tropical Cyclone Debbie continues to strengthen over the Coral Sea as Queensland residents prepare for destructive weather in the days ahead.
- Sultry Sunday for Adelaide
Hot and humid conditions will affect Adelaide through today and into the early hours of Monday.
- Cyclone Debbie strengthens to cat 2 on way to probable cat 4 as it continues towards Queensland coast
A cyclone off northern Queensland has intensified to a category two and could reach category four by the time it crosses the coast somewhere between Cardwell and Bowen, near Townsville, the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has warned.
- Cyclone Debbie: How the BOM names cyclones
The Bureau of Meteorology has off the coast of Queensland.
- Queensland braces for Tropical Cyclone Debbie
Tropical Cyclone Debbie is strengthening quickly on its journey to make landfall, likely between Lucinda and Proserpine on Monday or Tuesday.