- Victorian fires: Homes, school holidaymakers come under threat from east coast bushfires
Bushfires in Victoria's east are threatening properties, and campers heading to Cape Conran, Cabbage Tree Creek and Marlo, east of Lakes Entrance, are being urged to relocate away from the fire area.
- Red Cross uses pillowcases to help prepare migrant families for Australia's natural disasters
Storms can be scary for many of us, but when you are new to Australia and English is not your first language, it can be extra terrifying.
- September rain favouring WA
While the majority of Australia has received less than 20 per cent of their average September rainfall so far this month, a large area of Western Australia is bucking this trend.
- Parts of Central Australia driest on record, according to Bureau of Meteorology
Parts of Central Australia are experiencing their driest period on record, according to the Bureau of Meteorology.
- NT weather: Build-up arrives but relief on the way from high temperatures
The build-up in the Northern Territory is underway, with humid, hot conditions in the north and troughs bringing temperatures well above average in southern parts of the Territory but relief is on the way, weather authorities have said.
- Much needed rain for Perth
A complex low pressure system and cold front are affecting the southwestern parts of the country in coming days, leading to some welcome if gusty showers over Perth.