- Moira Shire finally gets drought-relief grant from the Federal Government
It has taken months but the small regional shire that "wasn't agricultural enough" for a Federal Government grant has finally been approved for funding.
- Man rescued from floodwaters as north Queensland deluge causes flash flooding with more rain forecast
Emergency services have rescued a man stranded in floodwaters in the Burdekin in north Queensland, as torrential rain of more than half a metre falls in parts of the region, causing localised flooding and a rock slide in Townsville.
- Heatwave sweeping across southern Australia
A heatwave will sweep across southern Australia this week, elevating temperatures and fire danger ratings across multiple states and territories.
- Drought-affected Queensland horse stud owner loses $9,000 in alleged hay fraud scheme
A drought-affected Queensland horse stud owner is warning other landholders to be vigilant after losing $9,000 to an alleged hay fraud scheme.
- Flooding rain in tropical Queensland
Heavy rain is causing flooding in parts of tropical Queensland this week, with some places receiving their heaviest rain in decades during the last 24 hours.
- Bushfire contractors owed hundreds of thousands of dollars by NSW Rural Fire Service
Businesses who were employed to help battle fires in northern New South Wales five months ago are yet to be paid by the state's Rural Fire Service.