- Tragedies are a reminder of the fury of Australia's outback heat
Underestimating the wrath of the Australian sun and heat can have devastating consequences, a truth laid bare by two recent tragic incidents.
- Heat building in WA
After escaping the worst of the heatwave that has scorched eastern Australia this month, the mercury is on the rise in southwestern parts of Western Australia.
- Heatwave: Here are some ways to stay cool (without ruining your power bills)
We don't need to tell you that it has been a hot week, but finding ways to stay cool is not always as easy as turning on the air conditioner.
- Ways to stay cool: Advice from the archives
If you're finding the latest heatwave difficult, spare a thought for people from decades past, when the best advice they were given to beat the heat included putting your fingers in grapefruit and taking a water ballet class.
- Scorching conditions in Tamworth
For those attending Tamworth's country music festival, a good hat is going to come in handy.
- Early cyclones bring relief, and even a near-record soaking, to dry far north Queensland farmers
Two early cyclones in far north Queensland this summer have changed the fortunes of one of the country's most intensive farming areas.