- Queensland storms bring hail and high winds, causing power outages
Severe thunderstorms have dumped hail and winds, and brought down powerlines in parts of South-East Queensland and the Darling Downs.
- Government offers one-off payment for farmers coming off Farm Household Allowance
Farmers coming off welfare will be entitled to a new, one-off payment of $13,000 for families and $7,500 for individuals.
- Severe storms forming over NSW and Queensland
Potentially severe thunderstorms are developing in parts of NSW and Queensland, with warnings in place for parts of both states.
- China and Africa are building 'great walls' of trees to hold back the desert. But will it work?
It borrows its name from the massive stone structure built by the Qin Dynasty.
- Snow, storms and severe fire danger on Thursday
Snow will fall in southeastern Australia today while hot and windy weather causes severe fire danger ratings in four states and territories.
- Working dogs find refuge in the city as drought-affected farmers surrender them
As farmers continue to feel the ongoing affects of drought, many are having to give their beloved four-legged mates away but luckily their city neighbours are stepping up to help.